This article is the first of a six-part series that introduces you to the features and benefits of American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards.
What are American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards?
Our Safety Foam Guards, previously known as Safety Bumper Guards, are top-of-the-line safety products made of recyclable polyurethane foam and provide a cushioning effect against impact for a multitude of uses. They are manufactured for indoor/outdoor use and designed to cover protruding edges and corners. Safety Foam Guards are installed to prevent injuries to adults and safeguard children from potential danger in a wide variety of environments.
Experience the Difference
A typical pool noodle floating around most pools versus American PERMALIGHT® Type A+ Safety Foam Guard (SKU: 82-25485) in yellow
Where Are American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards Typically Installed?
Our Safety Foam Guards can be installed on walls, corners, machinery, equipment, countertops, HVAC systems, filing cabinets, trucks, inside fire trucks and ambulances, desks, toy boxes, lockers, bookcases, forklifts, racks, shelves, beams, posts, overhangs, columns, pool edges, and more.
PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards are the ideal safety padding solution from rugged to elegant environments, for warehouses, administrative spaces, a doctor’s office where waiting room chairs scrape along the wall, at home where kids could bump into a table corner – the uses are near endless.
Who Uses American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards?
American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards are the ideal safety padding for gyms, schools, colleges, universities, libraries, daycare centers, hospitals, special needs facilities, hospice centers, medical centers, rehabilitation facilities, sports arenas, gymnastics centers, yoga studios, offices, warehouses, server rooms, fire stations, storage facilities, parking garages, and even your home.
Advantages of American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards?
- Durable dense Foam Quality
- Excellent Adhesive properties
- Installation Instructions
- Quick order processing
- Customer Support for Installations
- Accessories for any installation
What are colors options available?
- Black-Yellow – ideal indoors and outdoors
- Photoluminescent/Black – indoor use Glow-in-the-Dark
- Fluorescent + Photoluminescent/Black – indoor use bright daylight color + Glow-in-the-Dark
- Reflective – ideal indoors and outdoors: bounces back car headlights + flashlight beams
- White – ideal indoors and outdoors
- Black – ideal indoors and outdoors
What shapes and lengths do these come in?
American PERMALIGHT® offers many types of Safety Foam Guards in lengths of 39-3/8” or in 16-foot rolls.
You can also purchase Corner Protection in both 2D and 3D options.
How do you know what Protective Corner matches which Safety Foam Guard?
Use our American PERMALIGHT® Protective Corners and Matching Foam Guards Flyer to see which corners are compatible with specific types of Safety Foam Guards.
What mounting options are available?
- Steel Support
I have a large project and need to cut foam guards. Can you help me?
If your project requires our safety foam guards in different lengths, we have the tools you can use to cut them. We recommend the following accessories. Both of these cutting devices are designed to reduce the risk of injury while facilitating your high-volume cutting needs.
- Part Two: Black/Yellow American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards
- Part Three: Reflective American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards
- Part Four: Photoluminescent and Fluorescent American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guards
- Part Five: American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guard Use in the Home
- Part Six: American PERMALIGHT® Safety Foam Guard Use in Non-Industrial Environments