The California Building Code has the requirement "Striping for the Visually Impaired": the upper approach and the lower tread of EACH flight of interior stairs to be marked by a slip resistant (anti-slip) strip of clearly contrasting color with at least 2 inches width.
This 2-inch Photoluminescent Aluminum Strip is ideal on that upper Landing Tread Edge and the lower last Step Edge of each flight, while the steps in-between get marked with Permalight® 83-60207: 1-inch Strip.
Photoluminescent Egress Path Marking Component
- In compliance with IBC Section 1024 ‘Luminous Egress Path Markings’
- In compliance with NFPA 101-Life Safety Code Section 184.108.40.206.5 ‘Exit Stair Path Markings’
- UL1994-listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. to ‘Standard for Luminous Egress Path Marking Systems‘ as Model: CC-ALU ‘Suitable for Wall and Stair Nosing/ Floor Use’ Listed in half-inch (= ½ inch) strip width
- UL410-listed to Standard for Slip Resistance of Floor Surface Materials
- Activation by LED and Fluorescent Lighting
- California Building Code compliant "Striping for the Visually Impaired"
- Step Nosing and Leading Edge of Landing Marking